A structured education programme for the Prison or Probationary Services
• Delivery of an evidenced-based diabetes education relevant to the current population health profile of those diagnosed with diabetes whilst under the care of the Prison Service.
• Those who have had a diagnosis of Diabetes whilst serving time in Prison & are due for release and have never received or attended a Patient Structure Based Diabetes Education Programme involving Diabetes Self-Management.
• Suitable for Novice to experienced person but requiring up to date changes in practice
Benefits to delegates:
• Up to date research-based best practice.
• An insight & understanding of the types of diabetes
• Explanation of how to self-manage their diabetes outside of Prison
• Who is responsible for supporting them with their diabetes care on release
Education package delivery:
• Diabetes Education Programme for a maximum of 10 inmates per session
• Certification of attendance
• Supporting materials supplied as required and as appropriate
• What are the types and differences in diabetes?
• Who is responsible & how to self-manage?
• Medications, what to eat and when?
• Where to go for help, why & the importance?
• What to look for – as in risks, Sick Day Rules
• Complications – how to prevent
• Evaluations and feedback incorporated into the ongoing development of the programme to ensure delegates needs are met
Our courses are flexible and can be tailored to your organization and relevant staff education needs.